Sunday, June 28, 2009

Pretty Packaging


Isn't this a cute little bag. I am thinking about letting this be the make and take at my preview party for the new Stampin' Up! book. The Saturday Challenge actually inspired me to do it, but the directions came from Kerin's blog, Stamps, Paper and Glitter. This is her "Top Note Top Tote Bag". I got the name because she made it with the "Top Note Die" and of course I followed in her shoes and did the same. She also has a Thursday challenge, so please check it out. For the directions for this pretty bag click here. It will take you to her bag and how she did it. I also used scraps just to see how it would turn out since it was my first time making this bag and so that qualifies me for the High Hopes Challenge for this week. The only thing that was not a scrap is the ribbon and I cut it from the spool. I thought for my first time making this bag, it really turned out quite beautiful. Again, I am going to miss Baja Breeze Cardstock. It was really great.
I used the Baja Breeze Card Stock for the base and for the Designer paper I used a 2" scrap piece of "Walk in the Park" which also retires on June 30th. I actually had to piece a couple of pieces together to get it to go all the way around. You do what you need to do to make it work. I then added the basic gray taffeta ribbon and for the top ribbon, the retiring 5/8" striped grosgrain "Baja Breeze" ribbon. The stamp set on the front is one of my favorites and it is called "Riveting" (retired). But if I do this for my preview party, I will use one of the new stamps. Other items I used were pop dots, Sticky Strip, Glue dots, circle punches, scallop punch, two eyelets on the side to hold the ribbon, and adhesive. If you can see, the ribbon on the side is not showing because I placed it between the two papers that come together. I then used the eyelet to go through the paper and the ribbon. Hopefully you can understand what I am saying. Thanks for looking. If I did not make sense, I am sure Kerin will clear some of it up by her directions (above).

5 comments:

Jill said...

Jonia this is gorgeous I love the DP, thanks for joining us at scsc hugs Jill xx

Mandy said...

Jonia, this is fab! I love the colours and papers. Glad you enjoyed the challenge.

Mandy

Cathy said...

Cute bag and gorgeous papers.
Thank you for joining in the SCSC this time.
Cathy xx

Juls said...

this is so pretty I love the colours!

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

wonderful

thanks for joining us this week on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x