Monday, November 30, 2009

Oval Scallop Punch Wreath


When I saw today's MOJO Monday Sketch, I knew I was going to do this wreath.  I had seen it on Julia's Punch Art Projects and was looking for an opportunity to be able to do a round wreath.  This just happened to be that sketch that made me move forward.  I was uncertain to how exactly it was done, but when I started putting it togehter, it just fell into place.  It is just so easy and so cute. 

I used the old olive card stock and punched out 15 of the scallop ovals.  I then brushed them over the Craft Whisper white ink pad.  You could probably sponge the white on also if you would like.  I then took my scissors and cut the top scallop on each side and then cut down 5 more at each scallop.  You can see a diagram on it here at Julia's site.  That may make it easier.  I also used the retired Riding Hood Red Card stock and ribbon.  Whisper White was used behind wreath.  Stamp sets used were Dasher and Teeny Tiny Wishes for the saying.  I misted it with Frost White Shimmer Paint mixed with Rubbing Alcohol.  Inside of the card was decorated with one stamp from the patterned Pines set, Hostess in mini catalog.
Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Great card- I love your idea of a wreath with the ovals- and the reindeer in the center is awesome!

savvy teaching tips said...

wow - simply beautiful. You are very creative. Please check out my blog for blog candy. stamperontheshore.blogspot.com