Friday, November 13, 2009

Taken with Teal Christmas


These were two quick and easy Christmas Cards that really went together in a matter of minutes. I was trying to cover a challenge at CPCM, but still am not sure I hit it right. I think I will still submit the cards for the challenge. Their card was square and as you see, my card is a typical A2 card. They are just much easier to deal with when you mail, even though I love the square cards. I usually wind up making a square card 4-1/4" square and mail in a regular envelope. That way it does not incur extra charge.

The first card here was using the "Holiday Lounge" DSP by Stampin' Up!. I just cut out the trees and attached to the Taken with Teal card stock, spritzed with the champagne shimmer paint (you can almost see the shimmer) and attached to another sheet of the DSP. Then attached the ribbon, stamped "be merry" (stamp set: Warm Words) on whisper white card stock and punched out with the Modern Label punch, adhered it to the ribbon and then that all to the base card which is Whisper white Card Stock.

The second card here, I still used the Holiday Lounge DSP, but I also stamped the Patterned Pines trees onto Whisper White Card stock with taken with teal classic ink and then sponged the champagne shimmer paint right onto the stamp over the ink with a sponge dauber, then stamped the image onto the card stock. I then took the Platinum shimmer paint and stamped the star from the Patterned Pines stamp set on top of each tree. I then cut a piece of Sahara sand card stock and using the scallop edge punch, punched one side of the paper. I stamped the Merry Christmas onto the paper using the taken with teal classic ink covered with the Champagne Mist shimmer paint. I used the white gel pen to add the dots to the scallop edge. Adhered the White to the Sahara sand and then adhered that piece to the DSP. Then adhered all to the card base which is also Sahara sand. Can't get much easier than that. Thanks so much for looking and please let me know if you have questions.

No comments: