Monday, November 9, 2009

JOY!


I had been wanting to do one of these for my wall since last Christmas and finally was able to get to it this weekend. There are a couple of other decor items I want to do for Christmas, but this was my first one. I had seen others out there on splitcoast and really thought they were great for small spaces. So here is mine.
It was a lot of fun to do and I thought it turned out really well. I started out with the whisper white cardstock and used the " On Board Letters." I used the two way glue pen and covered each letter. I then used the fine galaxy stampin glitter-the gold one- and sprinkled over the letters to adhere the glitter. I then stamped different objects on each of the whisper white pieces of cardstock which were cut in 3-1/2" squares. I used a different stamp for each one. The one with the "J" is from the Patterned Pines hostess stamp set, the "O" I used the swirls from wings of friendship hostess stamp set, and used the Lace snowflakes (retired) for the "Y". I then cut a 4" garden green, real red and old olive piece of cardstock and adhered the white to it. The background piece of cardstock I cut 6" and adhered it to the hard piece of paper that comes with the DSP Paper to give it a heavier feel. The 6" pieces are real read and brushed gold. I then adhered the JOY to each piece. I punched holes in the top and bottom of each piece with the Horizontal Slot Punch and ran the 3/4" polka dot real red ribbon through each of the slots. Made a Bow for the top and viola, it is finished. Fun and easy to do. You could use any stampset you have.
All items used were Stampin' Up! products. Thanks for looking!

No comments: