Sunday, November 8, 2009

Dasher


Well, as you can see, I received a new toy. It is like a new toy. You can't hardly wait to get it out of the box and play with it. There were a few things I had seen done with the shimmer paints and also with the embossing plates, so I wanted to try out both and with Dasher. So these were the cards I actually worked on Friday night along with one other project I am in the midst of. Hopefully I will have it posted in a day or so. My embossing folder still came out a little on the inside of the oval that I had cut out, but not enough to mess up stamping the image in there. With one, I sponged the color on the inside of the embossing folder and with the other I used the ink pad to go over the embossing on the card. I then of coursed spritzed them with the champagne mist shimmer paint. I used Not Quite Navy cardstock and ink on one and the brushed gold cardstock on the other and the soft suede ink.

For this card I had watched a video on how to sponge the ink into the cutout of the top note die and then to stamp the image with the platinum shimmer paint. They had used another stamp set, but I liked the effects. So I thought I would try the stamp set patterned pines with Dasher. I love the effect, but not sure about the patterned pines with him. May have to break down and get the other stamp set. All in all a good night of having fun. Again, I used the Not Quite Navy Ink for the sponging and the sentiment. The sentiment comes from the stamp set Four the Holidays.
Thanks for looking!

No comments: