Monday, November 2, 2009

Christmas using a non-Christmas Stamp


This stamp set is actually not a Christmas stamp set, except of course the little Poinsettia which I just added from the Patterned Pines stamp set. But I actually thought it turned out really well. I did spritz it with the Champagne Mist Shimmer paint mixed with rubbing alcohol. The only problem was I dropped the stamp on it when I was stamping the Poinsettia. But, I thought I have put too much into it to start over, so I decided to use my daughter saying again, "It adds character and it is suppose to be hand stamped." I just love that analogy and use it every time I mess up a little. lol This sketch is from Stampin 411 Saturday Sketch. They actually will give you the dimensions of the paper. It helps a lot.
Stampin Up Products Used:
Stamp Set: Wings of Friendship - Hostess Set, Patterned Pines, Four the Holidays

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful! I would never have thought to use those stamps that way. Great job!
Thanks for playing along this week!

Patti Chesky said...

This is so pretty!!! It makes a fabulous holiday card!!

Connie Babbert said...

Clever! I think this is the best card done with that stamp! Great job with the sketch.

Unknown said...

Love what you did with this stamp!! Never would have thought to use it for a Christmas card!! Great job and thanks for playing along this week!!