Thursday, November 26, 2009

5 Petal Punch Poinsettia Card


I saw a card simular to this one on Splitcoast Stampers and knew I was going to have to try it.  And as you can see, it turned out so pretty.  I was really happy with it.  I am unsure of who the person was but thanks for the inspiration.  I did try to find it, but could not.  Anyway, I punched out 6 flowers with the 5 petal punch, scored each petal down the middle and folded up.  I then attached them to the card with a glue dot.  I then cut out 2 more flowers with the punch in the old olive card stock.  Cut the petals off and adhered under the red to make the leaves.  I then used little pieces of cirled paper that were made when using the small hole punch and glued them to the center of the flower.  There you go, how easy is that.  I also spritzed the card with the shimmer white shimmer paint.  Love that shimmer paint.  The base of the card is very vanilla, then real red and another piece of very vanilla over that.  The Merry Christmas is from the set "Four the Holidays" in the Holiday mini catalog and is stamped in the Old Olive classic ink.  Thanks for looking.

No comments: