Thursday, November 5, 2009

My Presence will go with thee!


I created this card for the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge this week. I also cased this from Julia Bettencourt who uses her punches to make all kind of beautiful flowers and that is where I got the idea to use the scallop oval punch to create this beautiful flower. I also made the button on the top by using the 3/4" circle punch and punching out five circles. Then I adhered them together, sanded the edges and covered it with the Crystal Effects. It was the first and actually turned out very well. I have done a few more in different colors and really like the idea. I used some retired DSP from Stampin' Up! and also Whisper White and Regal Rose Card Stock, 1/4" white grosgrain ribbon and old olive classic ink. I used glue dots to adhere the petals together and to the card. The stamp set was Words of Wisdom and retired in 2007. Hope you enjoy and thanks for looking!

4 comments:

Davi said...

Jonia, Very nice card and cute flower.I like your choice of dp. smiles

Helen said...

That flower is gorgeous! Your dp is very pretty, too. Great card!
Thanks for sharing it with us at SSCC!
Blessings!
~H

Pamela said...

Love it! Thanks for playing along with us at SSCC! :)

Anonymous said...

So pretty. Thanks for playing along with us at SSCC.