Saturday, July 3, 2010

Flight of the Butterfly

I have not used this stamp set in a long time, but have always loved it.  It is called Flight of the Butterfly.  I wanted to use some of my new paper and when I saw this sketch on stamping 411, I decided to try this stamp set and see if it would work along with two new paper colors, Marina Mist and Daffodil Delight.  The panel was a little longer than I had wanted, but all in all I thought it turned out great.  The only problem was I was trying to do some paper piercing freestyle and it is a little off, but I guess will be OK.  It just adds character as my daughter would say.  I did add a little of pumpkin pie ink to the butterfly with the dots just to add a little more color.  I also used the perfect polka dot folder to add a little more to the background and used the very vanilla satin ribbon.  I am really liking these new colors.  Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

Kerin said...

I haven't used that stamp in a long time either! I'm glad to see you're putting it to such good use! Pretty colors & gorgeous bow!

Unknown said...

Very, very pretty Jonia! That set is perfect with these colors! Thanks for playing with the 411 this week!

Selene Kempton said...

What a wonderful idea with the paper piercing! This is so beautiful!

Molly said...

I think the paper piercing works just fine - and I am liking what you are doing with the new colors too!