Saturday, July 24, 2010

In the Morning!

I was so excited about the finished outcome of this card.  I was actually putting together 3 challenges from Christian Paper Crafts into this one card.  Wednesday Case Artist, Bible Verse Thursday, and Fun on Friday.  Wednesday's Case Artist was Janaria and she had such a wonderful gallery, but the card I chose was absolutely beautiful and was basically laid out just like mine.  Hopefully you can see the card here!  Then Bible Verse Thursday was to use a scripture that reflects peace and quiet or what you would do in your daily quiet time with the Lord.  This is the scripture that came to my mind and so I printed it from my computer.  Then we come to Fun on Friday and it was to use polka dots.  Since this wonderful new paper from SU has polka dots on it and I was dying to use it, it worked in quite well with the challenge.  It is called Elegant Soiree and uses the colors Baja Breeze, Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla and Basic Gray.  For my card I used the Baja Breeze, Soft Suede and Very Vanilla.  The ribbon is actually from last year and is the Soft Suede polka dot turned over to the soft suede side.  I was afraid to use the polka dot side!  Now the flower is a different story.  I actually used the packing paper that comes in the Stampin' Up! shipments.  By using the scallop round punch, I punched out about 8.  I then laid them down in single file and spritzed them with the log cabin smooch spritz which gave them a beautiful color.  Then I put them together and attached a brad to the center, squashed them together and then unfolded to get this wonderful flower.  I also attached a little butterfly which was made using the beautiful wings emboslits die.  I then spritzed the whole card with vanilla smooch spritz.  I tell you it is wonderful stuff and I have gotten very attached to it as you can see in most of my blog posts.  Thanks so much for looking and hope you have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Good Morning!! I love everything about this card, Jonia! That flower is beautiful and I love all your "spritzing" WOW!! It looks fantastic. And I love the verse you shared. I still have cards in "progress" for this week and now I'm off to work so I won't be able to play today :-( Have a wonderful weekend!