Friday, July 9, 2010

Newsprint

Well, I am still not sure I really like this card, but it does work.  I did it for the sketch last week over at Christian Paper Crafts.  Wonderful sketch, just don't know if I did it justice. 

I did want to use the Newsprint and when I saw this sketch, I thought it would work great for the this paper.  But now I wish I had used the Newsprint DSP for the background and the black with the flower in the front.  I may try that at a later time.

Anyway, I used a standard A4 card cut from Whisper White Card stock and then took a basic black piece of card stock cut at 4" X 5 1/4" and ran it through the cuttlebug using the finial press embossing folder from SU.  I then took the taffeta ribbon and adhered to the basic black.  Then tied a bow and adhered to the ribbon.  I cut the newsprint at 2 X 2 and then scrunched up a little and then adhered to the basic black.  Using the whisper white card stock, I punched out 2 1" circles and 2 3/4" circles.  Then distressed the card stock enough to separate them into a total of 8 pieces.  Scrunched them up and then unscrunched and sponged them with red riding hood ink.  I then placed them on top of each other starting with the 4 large pieces and then the four small pieces.  I punched a hole in the center and put a black brad through.  I then scrunched them up again and unscrunched while building the flower.  I then used the silver smooch spritz and spritzed the whole card ribbon and all.

Thanks so much for looking!  All products are Stampin' Up!

No comments: