Thursday, July 22, 2010

Studio Sketches #2

Here is my second card using studio sketches.  For this card, I received my inspiration from Christian Paper Crafts Tuesday sketch.  What a great sketch they have each week and what wonderful people you meet over there.

With this card, I used the very vanilla for the card base and then the ridinghood red for the second layer.  It is embossed using the perfect polka dots embossing folder.  Once I embossed the red, I then spritzed it with the log cabin smooch spritz (loving that stuff).  I then used some DSP from last years Pawsitively Prints and adhered that piece to the ridinghood red.  Wrapped a piece of the 1/8" early espresso taffeta ribbon around and attached bow to front.  I then attached this to the card base.  Then using the new extra large scallop punch, I punched a piece of early espresso card stock.  Then stamped the image on a piece of very vanilla card stock with early espresso classic ink and punched it out with the 1-3/4" circle punch.  I colored the apples in with the ridinghood red marker and the bowl with the so saffron marker.  I then sponged the edges with the early espresso classic ink.  I attached this circle to the scallop circle and then attached it to the card.  Using the hostess stamp set, because I care, I then stamped the sentiment on the bottom of the DSP using the early espresso classic ink.

The pearls at the top are the new pearls from stampin' up! and I actually used the early espresso marker to color them.  How cool is that?  It will come off, but it does tint them.

Thanks for looking and let me know what you think!

No comments: